Now that 2014 is in full swing, it’s time to focus on the trade show season! If you are one of the many companies who participate in winter and spring trade shows, now is the time to focus on maximizing your marketing efforts for this year. These tips from the Millennium Marketing Solutions team will help you make your trade show appearance as successful as possible:
Market your presence.
- Promote the trade show on your website using the trade show’s logo and your booth number.
- Create a unique (mobile-friendly) page that can be accessed before, during, and after the show.
- Send a targeted email campaign to inform your current and existing clients about the trade show, with additional follow-up emails afterward.
- Send a direct mail piece to registrants to capture their attention and encourage them to visit your booth.
- Use your company blog to promote the show beforehand, and write a post about your experience after the fact.
Utilize social media.
- Make sure you have an established presence on social media and that your profiles are up to date.
- Leverage social media to create a buzz before the show takes place, and encourage your fans to visit your booth.
- Use the event hashtag to join the conversation with other companies and attendees, along with your own unique hashtag to help monitor social conversations.
- During and after the tradeshow, use social media to post images, anecdotes, and other relevant information to share the experience with those who couldn’t attend.
Create an eye-catching booth.
- Use bold designs to stand apart from your neighbors.
- Keep your messaging clear and easy to read for people walking the show floor.
- Make your space inviting and try to avoid using a table or barrier that keeps staffers separated from attendees.
- Coordinate outfits and materials for a cohesive brand presence, including lanyards, badges, and branded apparel.
Give memorable promo items.
- Give visitors a branded promotional product that is clever and useful.
- Promote your giveaways beforehand to drive more people to your booth.
- Offer opportunities for qualified leads to win a more expensive promotional item.
- Give them something that they can use or wear during the trade show to increase brand awareness and interest in your booth.
Are you gearing up for trade show season right now? Contact Millennium Marketing Solutions for all of your trade show needs, including marketing, social media, trade show displays, and promotional products. Join the Promo Box Club and receive the latest and greatest products for 2014 direct to your door.